Monday, February 27, 2012

NEO-METAMORPHOSIS

A bird saw a caterpillar crawling in a branch of a tree. The bird perched near the caterpillar.

Caterpillar: Are you going to eat me?

Bird: Yes.

C: But do you know that someday I’ll become a butterfly?

B: No. What does it have to do with my desire to eat you?

C: You should NOT be eating caterpillars because the existence of butterflies indicates the presence of love in this world.

B: So if I eat you, love in this world will decrease?

C: No. Butterflies are only symbols of love. Isn’t it wonderful to be reminded that love is abundant in this world when you see butterflies?

B: I don’t see any connection between butterflies and love.

C: It is in the process called metamorphosis, name for the process of transformation from caterpillar to butterfly. Love is required in this process.

B: I learned in basic biology that love is not required in any transformation from one thing to another thing.

C: It is because you’re a bird. Your knowledge about caterpillars is limited only to what you see in us. You don’t know the unseen things about us.

B: Ok please explain to me how love is involved in metamorphosis.

C: A caterpillar should go out and find a man and a woman who love each other. The love between the man and woman will be the main component in producing a cocoon, the thing that will protect us while we are transforming into a butterfly. The stronger the love, the stronger the cocoon, thus, the more chance for us in becoming a butterfly.

B: Is there a possibility that you will die because the cocoon is so tight and you will be choked to death?

C: No, because love is gentle and kind. Love does not hurt.

B: If love is stronger between two people, does it mean that your transformation will be faster?

C: No. We must wait for the right time.

B: Why wait? So there is NO way to speed the process?

C: We must wait, because love must be patient.

B: Let say I’m a caterpillar, can I use the love which is not a love that comes from the couple I chose?

C: No, because love does not envy.

B: What if the cocoon is too strong, will you be able to go out and fly? And how sure are you that you will really become a butterfly? And the process may take long, staying in the cocoon will make you trapped in it thus making you vulnerable to harm.

C: I have no problem with those things, because love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

B: How did you know that? You’re still a caterpillar.

C: It’s in the book called Bible. You can read it in I Corinthians 13.

B: Hmm, that sounds good. I will read that tonight… I need to go.

C: So you’re not going to eat me?

B: I learned something great from you. So why should I eat you?

C: Thank you my friend. Have a blessed day!

B: Please take care! I want to meet you as a beautiful butterfly someday! But before I go, may I know the names of the couple you chose?

C: Marvin and Jenny!

1 comment: