Monday, June 25, 2007

Dance of Death

I was born in the world full of truths to discover. Truths that are so important to know for us to survive, not only to preserve our life but to have a happy life… a life free from pain.


I started searching the moment I learn to think. I began searching for those small truths that my small hand can hold. Those simple principles that my young mind can understand. And in my searching, I met some friends.


Pleasure is one of my favorite friends. I trusted him more than my parents and even my conscience for he always make me feel good. But nothing beats my friend Vanity for he makes me feel better than any other creature.


One of the things that I appreciate from Pleasure and Vanity is the dance that they taught me. The dance made me experience the things that people usually don’t experience. It made me go beyond my boundaries and made me fly and soar the skies and the heavens. Together, we dance. Together we fly and soar the skies and the heavens. Together we went to places. Places like triumph, satisfaction, fame and wealth. I love that dance.


But one day, I had a bad landing…


I fell into this prison called sin. I was badly hurt. My heart was wounded and from it flowed something called guilt. This place is a dark place. I can see nothing but guilt… and it is drowning me. This place is also a cold place. It makes just crouch in a corner and preserve any heat that I can preserve so that I can live.


With the help of the experiences I made a candle out of my god works. I used to light my dark world. It somehow gave me warmth that magnified my courage to go out of my corner and do something to get out of this prison.


I discovered that I am not alone in this place. There’s a lot of us here. Millions of us. They also have candles and theirs are shining far brighter than mine. So I blow their candle whenever I saw that theirs are shining brighter than my candle. But, I stopped doing it when I realized that blowing their candles wont make mine shine brighter.


My chance of having freed from this prison increased when I saw someone outside in this world enjoying his freedom who was living in this dark world before. I have no idea how he came out of this prison but maybe he knows the way out.


My candle has been burned out. Anytime now the cold will bite me until I die and then darkness will swallow me until my existence will totally erased. Unless someone will take me out of this world. I’m DYING… Heeeeeeeelp…

No comments:

Post a Comment